Ontario Flower Growers Co-operative was established in October of 1972. A group of 63 local growers decided to implement a cost-effective process to market and sell their products to the floral industry. A central location for buyers and growers would reduce costs of delivery, and administration. Strategically located in Mississauga, close to the International Airport and major transportation links, the OFG co-op auction was established. Over the following 45 years, 'The Clock' has become "the source" for retailers and wholesalers of floral products in the Greater Toronto Area (GTA) and beyond.
Today, over 150 growers provide a diverse supply of floral products to OFG’s central facility each week. A large number of floral buyers with equally diverse product requirements come to the facility and purchase on auction what they need. The Co-Operatives’ auction is in simple terms, merely a tool that allows product ownership to change hands. The auction is now accesible by way of remote buying where approved buyers can participate from the comfort of their own home or office PC.
Grower membership in the Co-Operative offers many valuable advantages, some of these benefits include:
1. Registered customers may purchase product through various programs such as web / online buying, regular in-house auction/remote, STC, virtual auction, greenhouse direct, presales.
2. Customer registration form must be completed in full; customers will receive their customer account number, remote buyer code, and password. Customers are responsible for and may change their pass code at any time. Passwords must be kept confidential. Buyer training is recommended.
3. Annual access fee billed at a scheduled time each year Is required to be paid giving access to purchase on various OFG programs.
4. Terms are payment upon receipt of invoice. Methods of payment are electronic direct deposit, E-transfer, direct debit or cheque. Delinquent or overdue accounts will be placed on Hold.
5. Returned cheques (NSF) will have a fee of $50.00 applied to customer account. Account will be put on HOLD pending payment covering returned cheque. (replacement cheque not accepted)
6. Pails and trays may be returned for credit to the returnable container department during posted hours of operation. Refund will only be for containers indicated on the container refund voucher. Customers or their 3rd party carrier are responsible for verifying count on the refund voucher.
7. All remote purchases are FOB Mississauga. Remote customers are responsible for informing their 3rd party carrier the total number of lots to be picked up at OFG. This would include all gallery, remote, virtual, presale, web and greenhouse direct purchases.
8. All purchases are considered final, customers are responsible for all purchases made under their customer number. OFG will not assume liability for product left behind without OFG approval.
9. Orders cancelled, not picked up or refused may be subject to a handling fee. Fee may be up to fifty (50 %) of product value for repeated cancellation or non- pick up by a customer.
10. Zero tolerance in effect when a customer has changed, moved, switched product or removed and or changed labels from product assigned to another customer. OFG staff members are available at the service desk for customers who require assistance. Such action repeated may result in a penalty fee applied to their customer account, suspension from the building from one (1) to three (3) months or may include suspension of all OFG privileges permanently. Note: 24-hour video surveillance in effect.
11. All product quality and quantity issues must be reported immediately either by sending a digital photo to Quality Control at customer service or to your Sales Representative with-in twenty-four (24) hours after pick up or delivery of product.
12. Customers are required to follow Code of Conduct within OFG building or grounds which includes professional, moral, ethical and respectful behavior. Unacceptable behavior, foul language, physical or verbal aggressive behavior may result in suspension or permanent removal of all OFG buying privileges.
13. All persons must adhere to all Health and Safety Regulations. All OFG customers, their drivers and 3rd party carriers entering the building are responsible for their own safety. OFG is a totally smoke free environment.
14. No pets in the building, reasons such as pet safety or consideration of others due to allergy or fear of dogs
15. OFG will not assume liability for loss of purchasing access due to electronic communication failure beyond OFG control.